Bike the Bend in the Community
More ReCyclers - Earn a Bike kids received their bikes this week at South Bend's Central Fire Station. Bike the Bend, Reducing Obesity Coalition and the City of South Bend worked with the South Bend Fire Department and Firefighters Union 362 to collect used bikes, train the firefighters who volunteered their time to work with the kids.
ReCyclers also receive a family gift certificate for Bike the Bend 2014.
Connect with Us
2014 Ride Features
- New Date: June 8, 2014 6:30 a.m - 11:30 a.m.
- Five years celebrating family, friends and community!
- Bike the Bend Sunday morning – the one morning when bicyclists have priority over vehicles on local streets and trails.
- Ride through the University of Notre Dame campus, Center for History's gardens, the concourse of Coveleski Stadium and more!
Bike the Bend News
- 2014 Fifth Anniversary Rider Jersey
Custom designed club cut rider jersey with full length hidden zipper, featuring unique South Bend/Mishawaka/St. Joseph County images. The three back pockets are specially made with reflective material to improve rider visibility during low light situations.
- Bike the Bend Matching Grants
Have you heard about the Indiana Michigan River Valley Trail. If not, get ready for some excitement! When completed, we will have a 34 mile “highway” running between Michigan and Indiana and connecting us to parks, college campuses, retail businesses, restaurants and employers in Niles, MI and South Bend and Mishawaka, IN.