Sunday, June 8, 2014 6:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Welcome to Bike the Bend – the one morning each year when bicycles have priority over motor vehicles on our route. Bring family, friends and enjoy!
The 30+ mile (round trip) route winds through South Bend, Mishawaka and parts of St. Joseph County, IN including:
- Parks, urban venues and distinctive neighborhoods,
- University of Notre Dame and Indiana University South Bend campuses,
- Historic West Washington Street, Northern Indiana Center for History gardens,
- Ride around the concourse at Four Winds Field, Coveleski Stadium, Click here for route map.plus:
- Pancakes! Your wristband is your ticket for a great breakfast at The Brick along Northside Boulevard on the route. Pancakes, sausage, juice, fruit, coffee served from 7:00-10:30 a.m. served.
Join us at The Brick near Farmers' Market along the river!
Riders of all ages and skill levels are invited to join us for this amazing bicycle tour.
Ride side-by-side with your friends and family while exploring our community and creating great memories.
Paper Registration: Registration Form and Waiver
Register at Packet Pick Up Saturday, June 7 or a SAG on Sunday, June 8
Registration on Saturday and Sunday is $30.
Children: 17 years and under ride without charge, but must be registered with an adult rider.
- Rider T-shirts may be purchased for $8-$12 with registration
- Registration on Saturday is at Packet Pick Up from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. at The Grill, Administration Building, IU South Bend. http://www.iusb.edu/portal/pdfs/CampusMaps. Check the map for parking locations.
On Sunday register at these SAG stops:
- St. Patrick’s County Park,
- Notre Dame/Snite Museum
- Pancake Breakfast, The Brick on Northside Boulevard (near Farmer's Mrkt.)
- Central Park in Mishawaka. Barcode wristbands, signed waivers and helmets are required.
Rider wristbands with barcode are needed to access the Support and Gear (SAG) stops along the way (emergency bicycle repair available). Fruit, water, granola bars and cookies at all SAG stops.
You may begin your ride at any convenient point along the route.
Packet Pick Up –Saturday, June 7, 2014
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Location: The Grill - Indiana University South Bend Campus. The Grill is in the east end of the Administration Building on the IUSB Mall. The Administration Building is on Mishawaka Avenue at S. Esther Street, across from John Adams High School gym and athletic field. Packet Pick Up parking is available off of 20th Street behind the SAC (Student Activity Building) on the IUSB campus.
Campus map: http://www.iusb.edu/portal/pdfs/CampusMaps.
Registered riders - pick up your barcode wristbands, rider maps and purchased Bike the Bend merchandise.
Additional T-shirts, collectible and vintage Bike the Bend jerseys and bicycle bells will be for sale.
Walk-in registrations welcome at Packet Pick-Up between 9:00 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Hotels and Camping:
Special rates for Bike the Bend riders at our host hotel -
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, South Bend
Featuring In-room kitchens and close to the route.
Call 574 968-4737 and mention "Bike the Bend"
Address: 52825 Indiana Route 933 N, South Bend, IN 46637
Bike the Bend camping is available at St. Patrick's County Park.
Primitive overnight camping is available at St. Patrick's County Park on June 7, 2014. Space is limited and reservations are required. Click here for camping details.