Sunday, June 14, 2015
6:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Welcome to Bike the Bend – the one morning each year when bicycles have priority over motor vehicles on our route. Ride with your family and friends and enjoy!
The 30+ mile (round trip) route winds through South Bend, Mishawaka and parts of St. Joseph County, IN including:
- Parks, urban venues and distinctive neighborhoods,
- Historic West Washington Street, the Copshaholm Garden at the History Center.
- Ride around the concourse at Four Winds Field, Coveleski Stadium, Click here for route map.
- Pancakes! Your wristband is your ticket for a great breakfast at The Kroc Center on Western Ave. Pancakes, sausage, juice, fruit, coffee served from 7:00-10:30 a.m.
- Riders of all ages and skill levels are invited to join us for this amazing bicycle tour.
- Ride side-by-side with your friends and family while exploring our community and creating great memories.
Online Registration is open!
- $20 if you register before April 30
- $25 for registrations between May 1 - June 10
- $30 for registration at packet pick up on June 13 or at the pancake breakfast on June 14
Children: 17 years and under ride without charge, but must be registered with an adult rider.
Rider T-shirts may be purchased for $8-$12 with registration
Barcode wristband, signed waiver and helmet is required.
Rider wristbands with barcode are needed to access the Support and Gear (SAG) stops along the way (emergency bicycle repair available). Fruit, water, granola bars and cookies at all SAG stops.
You may begin your ride at any convenient point along the route.
Registration on Saturday, June 13 is at Packet Pick Up from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. at The Kroc Center at 900 W. Western Ave., South Bend.
On the day of the ride, you can register at the pancake breakfast at the Kroc Center or at one of the parking locations (St. Patrick's Park, Four Winds Field or Beutter Park.
Packet Pick Up
- Saturday, June 13, 2015 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Location: The Kroc Center at 900 W. Western Ave., South Bend
- Registered riders - pick up your barcode wristbands, rider maps and purchased Bike the Bend merchandise.
- Additional T-shirts, collectible and vintage Bike the Bend jerseys and bicycle bells will be for sale.
- Last minute registrations welcome at Packet Pick-Up between 9:00 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Volunteers make Bike the Bend work! If you would like to Volunteer, please let us know. Volunteer for Bike the Bend details.
Hotels and Camping
HOTEL: We are working on a special rate package for Bike the Bend participants. Details to come soon.
CAMPING: Overnight camping will be available at St. Patrick's County Park on Saturday, June 13, 2015. Space is limited and reservations are required. Camping details available here. Directions to St. Patrick's County Park